Sunday, December 12, 2010

Today it rained, and rained and rained some more. The ground is wet but not enough to give the plants a drink so it looks like i'll be watering the yard in the cold later today. I also decided to move over all of my gamebirds and put them in more secure housing. I was thinking dog kennels instead of chicken coop like aviaries, that way it would look a little more appealing to a nosy city inspector. It's a little depressing outside too, not much in the vegetable garden is growing and all the trees are leafless and the grass brown, at least up north the ugliness is covered in snow. Then again I wouldn't want to shovel it just to walk out the door. Through this winter none of our birds have been laying, not even the quail which are supposed to be laying year around, or so I was told. I think it may have to do with the sun or the polar axis changing as it is mid December. Not even our hens are laying right now which is quiet unfortunate. That's winter for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment